Who is Eligible?
Our vision is to provide a retreat to every family living through the challenges of pediatric cancer who is looking for hope, a reprieve, “a place where skies are blue.”
- Families who have a child currently undergoing treatment for pediatric cancer (or who have been off of treatment for a short season) may submit an application. Medical professionals can refer a family to our program or the families can apply directly. We give priority to families who have never attended a Blue Skies Retreat.
- The retreat is intended for immediate family members who live at home with the patient. We limit the number of adults to two.
- Families are welcome regardless of race, religious affiliation, financial status or geographical location.
- Our vision is to offer a retreat to every family living through the challenges of pediatric cancer who is looking for hope; looking for a reprieve from the dark clouds and storms of life; looking for a place “where skies are blue”.
- Once a family has been served at a Blue Skies retreat, we encourage them to come back as volunteers, to “pay it forward” and make it possible for other families to experience this unique and special vacation.
- Guest Families must obtain clearance from their child’s oncology health care team along with medical clearance from their child’s physician. Children should be in stable health, feeling up to participating. While there is a nurse present at each retreat, the child’s parents must be able to provide all physical care including medications or treatments required while away from home.