Parents/guardians are responsible for the actions of everyone attending the retreat with them. Children should be supervised by their parents unless they are participating in a scheduled activity (i.e. Kindred Journeys, etc.). If your children are serving with you, we expect them to participate in all retreat activities and meetings.
As volunteers/staff, we typically stay on campus unless there is a scheduled outing. Our guests are free to come and go as they like to shop, sight see, etc. If they leave the retreat facility (other than the scheduled parent’s outing) they must take their children with them.
We expect our volunteers and staff to abide by the following:
- Please show common courtesy and respect for all retreat participants.
- Behave in a manner that is honoring to God.
- Report any accidents/injuries or concerns to the Retreat Director as soon as possible.
- Please report any maintenance problems to the Retreat Director.
- Blue Skies volunteers are not allowed to drive Blue Skies guest families.
- Never be alone with a child or someone of the opposite sex (unless it is someone in your own family). Please travel in groups of 3 or more.
- Ladies, please dress modestly (including your swimwear).
- Please be on time to all retreat activities and abide by the guidelines of Blue Skies.
- We ask that our guest families please not solicit any gifts or services from the volunteers, donors or individuals in the community during or after the retreat. Please refrain from giving money, gifts or service to our guests apart from the gifts and service we provide during the retreats. Please notify the Blue Skies staff if you know of a guest who solicits money, gifts or services such as babysitting, financial aid, etc. We want to help connect our guest families with the appropriate oncology programs and support services available to help them.
Privacy: To protect the privacy of individuals attending the retreat, all names and situations are a matter of confidentiality and are not to be shared with anyone else or discussed in a public place. Thank you.
Visitors: Please let us know if you are expecting any visitors during the retreat. All visitors need to be pre-approved.
Swimming: All individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied & supervised by a parent at the beachfront/pool. No solo swimming (beach or pool). There is no lifeguard on duty at the pool or on the beach. All retreat participants must abide by the following “FLAG” guidelines:: Red/Double Red Flag—High Hazard -ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IN THE WATER!
- Blue Skies is a dry campus, no alcohol.
- There is no smoking in ANY of the houses, condos or outdoor common areas at the retreat.
- No fireworks and/or firearms are allowed at the retreat.
- Sorry, no pets are allowed at the retreat.
- Blue Skies is not responsible for the loss of any personal property. Please keep valuables locked or with you during your stay. There are no keys to bedrooms.
*Application Process: When submitting an application, you are verifying that all information is accurate and true and you understand that Blue Skies reserves the right to request a Criminal Background Check on retreat volunteer applicants with their permission.