Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime and become a volunteer at Blue Skies! You will make a difference in the lives of so many, from children with cancer, to their siblings and even their parents. Here are some ways you can help:
Serve as a volunteer at a retreat
Volunteering at a retreat is one of the best ways to get involved with Blue Skies. No matter what talents you have, there are volunteer roles for all ages and skills. Retreat volunteers serve in various roles at the retreat (as a Family Host, on the Blue Crew or on the Blue at Heart Team). While each of the volunteer teams has unique roles and responsibilities, we work together serving the families, ensuring that their retreat is the experience of a lifetime.
- Family Hosts make the retreat special for each guest family. Their focus is to partner with a guest family and serve as their host for the week. Not only do they help with meals and cleaning, they often build lifelong friendships with the families they serve. We try to make sure that all first time volunteers have a chance to serve as a Family Host.
- The Blue Crew directs and produces the retreat. They help with everything from planning the retreat schedule and activities to purchasing retreat supplies and setting up for each venue and activity. Blue Crew members are most often volunteers who have previously served at a Blue Skies retreat.
- The Blue at Heart Team (part of the Blue Crew) bring that special “TLC” to the retreat. These grandparents are the extra hands that are there when you need someone. They help with baking goodies, grocery shopping, cleaning, rocking babies, etc.
Volunteer in our office
As a volunteer-based organization, we have a great need for helping hands with the day-to-day operations of our ministry throughout the year. We could use your help in preparing for each retreat, helping with fundraising events and administrative support. We can use all kinds of help from stuffing goodie bags, data entry, sewing pillow cases, event planning, etc. Let us know what you like to do and we’ll put you to good use! If you’re interested in helping out in the office, we’d love to hear from you. Our office is located in Marietta, GA (West Cobb). Contact us.
Help raise awareness and funding for Blue Skies
The retreats are only made possible through overflowing hearts of caring volunteers and generous donors. If you are interested in helping us raise awareness or generate donations to Blue Skies, please let us know so that we can support you with marketing materials and fundraising event assistance. Additionally, we would love for you to serve on our Fundraising & Awareness Committee and help increase donations and spread the mission of Blue Skies. If you can help by hosting an awareness or fundraising event, please contact us!
Serve as a college intern
If you are looking for an internship experience, you’ve found the right place! We offer seasonal internships at retreats and in nonprofit administration and development. We also offer course credit to students seeking a meaningful apprenticeship experience. Please contact our office if you are interested. We need your help and so do the kids! Contact us.
College Interns who serve at a retreat will work alongside the Retreat Directors. (All volunteers/interns who serve at a retreat, must raise/give the $600/per retreat for their volunteer support.) Internships are available in the follow areas:
- Activities/Special Events (Child Life, Recreational Therapy, Event Planning, Youth Pastor)
- Guest Relations (Child Life, Youth Pastor, Nursing/Medical field)
- Party Planner (Event Planning)
- Coach (Youth Pastor)